Step 6 :: Ordination
2019 Ordinand Class
Wednesday, January 1, 2020!
RECEIVING YOUR ORDINATION CREDENTIAL:: Ordination is a privilege, not a right. When a candidate has completed all requirements for ordination, the candidate can request that he or she be ordained. This request must be approved by the District Board of Ministry, the District Assembly and the General Superintendent in jurisdiction. When the approvals are granted the candidate is ordained at the Annual District Assembly. A slightly different application packet must be completed by those preparing for ordination.
When applying for Ordination both an application for District License and application for Ordination must be completed.
All paperwork due no later than Monday, March 2, 2020!
The Ordination Application Packet:
Please return each form to the Virginia District Resource Center (DRC) by one of the following methods.
- Save this form 'Save As' to your computer, fill out the form and attach it in an email to email@example.com
- Mail a printed copy of the form to District Resource Center, 5906 Harbour Park Drive, Midlothian, VA 23112.
- If you submit the form electronically, you may sign the form at your scheduled credential meeting.
(1) Application for District License Form (2020)
(2) Ordination/Recognition Questionnaire Form (2020)
(3) Essay and Questionnaire Form (2020)
(4) Completed Background Check Form (2020)
* A new background check is required before ordination, so please complete this form even if you have had a background check through the Virginia District previously.
** Please note that there is a $16.00 fee for processing your background check. Your background check will be incomplete and you will be unable to schedule your appointment
until this payment has been received.
(5) Church Board Recommendation Form (2020)
* Receiving a district minister's license (as well as receiving a recommendation from your local church for a district license) is a privilege and not a right. This form should be completed out of your involvement and relationship with your pastor and local church board. Please work with your pastor and church board secretary for the completion of this form.
** When an individual is serving as a local church's senior pastor, the District Advisory Board (not the local church board) recommends that individual for a new/renewed license. The DRC and DAB will take care of this for each applicant.