Step 3 :: Annual District License
Scheduling begins, Wednesday, January 1, 2020!
APPLING FOR A DISTRICT MINISTER'S LICENSE :: After having a local minister's license for at least one year, and successfully passing at least six courses (including the History and Polity of the Church of the Nazarene), a candidate may approach his or her pastor and request that the local church board recommend the candidate to the Ministerial Studies Board and Ministerial Credentials Boards for a district minister's license. To receive a first district license or a renewal, a completed application packet must be submitted each year. (Note-if there is a felony conviction or a divorce in your history, the candidate will need to contact the Ministerial Credentials Secretary, Rev. Steven Guizar, to discuss potential barrier removal first, before applying for District License).
For applicants seeking a new or renewed District License at the 2020 District Assembly, application packets will be received beginning January 1, 2020. While you may obtain the documents below prior to that date, please do not submit them until our application period begins in the new year.
All paperwork due no later than Monday, March 2, 2020!
The District License Application Packet Info:
Please return each form to the Virginia District Resource Center (DRC) by one of the following methods.
- Save this form 'Save As' to your computer, fill out the form and attach it in an email to email@example.com
- Mail a printed copy of the form to District Resource Center, 5906 Harbour Park Drive, Midlothian, VA 23112.
- If you submit the form electronically, you may sign the form at your scheduled credential meeting.
(1) Application for District License Form (2020)
(2) Essay and Questionnaire Form (2020)
(3) Completed Background Check Form (2020)
* A background check form is required for those applying for their first or new license.
** Renewal License applicants do not need this form.
*** A background check will be required upon applying for ordination (see Ordination
Credential - Step 6).
**** There is a $16.00 fee for processing your background check. Your background check will
be incomplete and you will be unable to schedule your annual appointment until this
payment has been received.
(4) Church Board Recommendation Form (2020)
* Receiving a district minister's license (as well as receiving a recommendation from your local church for a district license) is a privilege and not a right. This form should be completed out of your involvement and relationship with your pastor and local church board. Please work with your pastor and church board secretary for the completion of this form.
** When an individual is serving as a local church's senior pastor, the District Advisory Board (not the local church board) recommends that individual for a new/renewed license. The DRC and DAB will take care of this for each applicant.
* Steps 3, 4, and 5 will need to be repeated annually
for the renewal of your District License until you receive
your Ordination Credential - Step 6.